*stars_on_parade; MTV VMAs 2016
Of course by now I’m sure you’re aware that the
largest tween convention of the year MTV Video Music Awards took place last night.
For 2016, MTV decided to head to midtown Manhattan, with the event taking place at Madison Square Garden.
The VMAs are actually an interesting event to dress for. We’ve seen it all; from full on gowns to plunging necklines and LOTS of skin. But bearing in mind that the event is bit poppy, less casual, and downright fun, there really are no rules.
With that being said, here’s the white-carpet rundown of my favorite looks:
And of course we have to mention Bey, who in typical Bey fashion showed up with Blue and her “Mothers of the Movement” posse.
Now, while not all may be groundbreaking fashion moments that make you say “YES MAWMAW!” they are head-turning, comfortable looks that get the job done.
And let’s not forget some of the night’s other major moments like:
- Beyoncé basically renaming the awards the BeyMAs, slaying an entrance with Blue and performing a 15-minute set.
- Rihanna winning the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award and performing
one, two, threeFOUR different sets each showcasing her different personas.
- Kanye debuting his new MV for “Fade” featuring a superfit Teyana Taylor shimmying around giving everybody new #bodygoals.
- Britney’s millionth comeback.
- Fifth Harmony winning two moonmen for “Best Collaboration” and “Song of the Summer.”
Did you watch the show darlings?
Who’s your best dressed?